Tooth is an assimilation of enamel, dentin, pulp and cementum. For your information, most part of tooth is built up of dentin and situated beneath the enamel which protects the dentin from being attacked. Enamel is very tough. To your surprise, it is on par to bonetissue in terms of toughness. It is primarily allied with acidity and the impression of this disorder produces not only a revision in functionality, but also on oral health in general. Acids are a determinant in dental erosion cases, but its enormousness will depend on the association among the structural properties of the tooth and the physiognomies of saliva. It upholds your teeth in contradiction of various chemicals they’re unguarded to out of food and bodily fluids. As a result, it can be prone to abrasion. This state of affair is considered as tooth erosion or enamel erosion.
Before anything, it is quite essential and indeed an obligation to figure out factors that triggers inception of dental erosion with a view to prevent enamel desalination in the earlier stage which is accompanied by tissue mitigation and the final tooth disfiguration.Over the last decennium, a substantial rise in the graph of dental erosion cases among young and elder people being affected in equal measure. In all honesty, teeth problems are supposed to be given essential consideration right from adolescence, since most people ignore protecting their teeth which may cost them more as they grow.
Other factors instigating this condition are eating habits, such as the intake of tart foods and carbonated beverages. For your information, eating such foods will create gastroesophageal reflux or acid reflux which starts tooth erosion.
Symptoms of Tooth Erosion:
- The colour of teeth turns yellow and this condition is called discoloration. This happens when dentin is uncovered.
- Tooth gets over sensitive as Sensitive teeth are quite common sign of tooth erosion as the enamel that shields the teeth remainsmissing, leaving uncovered dentin.
- Translucent Appearance during initial stages of perimolysis.
- The edges of teeth will begin to crack and creates irritation, specially while eating and chewing.
- Being unable to chilled foods like ice creams due to high sensitivity.
Causes for tooth erosion:
- Over consumption of beverages
- Gastrointestinal problems caused by eating acidic foods
- Genetics may also cause tooth erosion.
- Mental Stress.
To know more about tooth erosion and factors triggering it from an expert dentist, call us on 8800644744 and schedule Appointment at your convenience.