Our general perception of weakening eyesight over time is the age factor or hours of the digital screen! However, studies show that it is not always the age but the poor lifestyle we follow. While we follow a good regime for physical health, we often tend to miss the health of the eye. A healthy lifestyle is not only needed for good physical health but also to good eye health.
Our nutritionist at Red Heal has curated 5 superfoods that help maintain good eyesight despite the increasing age. Check out here:
- Fish: Fish being the rich source of omega-3 fatty acids have healthy oil in their gut and tissues. Eating a fish often can treat dry eyes and effects on the eye caused by sitting for long hours on the computer. Few of the fishes rich in omega-3 fatty acids are – sardines, tuna, mackerel, anchovies, and salmon.
- Nuts & Legumes: We understand if you’re a vegetarian. Nuts and legumes are equally rich in omega-3 fatty acids and have a high level of vitamin E concentration in them. This protects the eyes from age-related effects. Few of the rich source are – Cashews, Walnuts, Peanuts, and lentils.
- Seeds: Seeds are a rich source of vitamin E and omega- 3 making it a superfood for snacking while improving your eyesight. Few of the seeds easily available and are nutritious for your eyes are – flax seeds and chia seeds.
- Citrus Food: Rich in vitamin C and Vitamin E, citrus foods are antioxidants and are recommended even by AOA to be effective in treating eye damage. It can easily be consumed daily in the form of lime juice or a citrus food. Few of the rich sources are – Orange, lemon and grapefruits.
- Leafy Green vegetables: Rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, leafy vegetables are a good source of vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin A. They help with the eye damage caused by sunlight and prevent the ageing effect on eyes. Few of the easy to reach, known sources are – kale, turnip greens, spinach, peas and collards.
The best way to get all the above nutrients for better eye care is through diet. Our eye specialist suggests to include a lot of herbs and vegetables in the diet with a focus on specific foods too. A balanced meal plays a role in the long run. We totally understand your underlying concerns when it comes to eye healthcare. Feel free to take Online Consultation with an eye specialist at Redheal. We assure to connect you with the Best Eye Specialists in Hyderabad for that healthy eyesight you seek.