No matter how much you take care of your eye, every once a while, you tend to miss the spot which leads to red-eye, dry eye, eye rashes or any other eye problem. However, the minor problems cause very less harm to the eyes but also a few can lead to vision loss, gradually. To understand it all better, our Eye Specialist at Red heal are here to introduce with the most common eye problems which can be diagnosed easily at home based on the presence of the symptoms.
- Cataract: A cataract situation can cause clouding in front of the eye. It doesn’t cause any physical pain but causes vision blurredness. A cataract is usually caused by the increasing age but can also be caused by effects of disease or eye injury. It can be easily removed through Laser Cataract Surgery.
- Conjunctivitis: One of the most common eye diseases is Conjunctivitis. The situation that causes inflammation of the eyelid membrane and eye lining. It can be acute or chronic in nature and can cause a burning or itching sensation in the eye. The eye can also feel dry and heavy. The disease is contagious and hence the patients should make sure the towel, hands and anything they touch should be thoroughly sanitized. It is easy to treat with the right Eye Doctor Consultation.
- Macular Degeneration: Caused by ageing or genetic disorder, macular degeneration is caused in the retina. The macula is present in the retina and is damaged caused blurry image formation in the centre. This makes reading and near eyesight blurred. If prolonged, It can lead to the damaged blood vessel in the back of the eye.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is known to be one of the leading cause of blindness in Indians. It damages the optic nerve of the eye causing vision loss and blindness. Glaucoma is caused when the fluid pressure inside the eye increase thus causing vision loss. It slowly progresses over a period of time and is often painful. If you experience any pain, it is better to refer to the Doctor initially.
- Entropion: In entropion eye disease, the inner edge of the eyelashes and eyelids get curled causing irritation of the cornea, along with pain and congestion. The eye becomes overly sensitive to light leading to permanently impaired vision over time. It can be caused due to eye injury, burns and as a result of complications in the eye.