Be it a home or be it a party, you will always find someone who is burping continuously or feeling difficulty in eating the food.
This condition can be acidity, well, what is acidity? The Acidity is a digestive disease in which stomach acid or bile irritates the food pipe which causes a burning sensation. A digestive acid is secreted in our paunch after a meal which is composed of Sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and hydrochloric acid among which the hydrochloric acid tends to support in the digestion of food by breaking down the food fragments. But sometimes the inner lining of the stomach refuses to go along with the deterioration by this larger amount of acid generation.
Hence, the cells lining the stomach exude large amounts of protective mucus and lining of the esophagus does not share these resistant features and stomach acid can demolish it. It occurs when the acid in the stomach repeatedly gush back into the tube which is called esophagus linking mouth and stomach. This flow back can infuriate the lining of your esophagus. Usually, most people experience the acidity in a timely basis like if it is a mild acidity that crops up no less than twice a week, or moderate to severe acid reflux that takes place once a week.
Acidity is manageable for some people by making some specific changes to their lifestyle and eating habits, while it gets tough for some people with this illness may require stronger medical support or sometimes surgery to get over this. Acidity needs your serious consideration the moment you feel like its getting out of your control because the acidity can lead to many severe medical complications which include severe ache in the chest area or abdomen, excessive vomiting which causes fatigue. Sometimes severe acidity can make you feel terribly difficulty in swallowing the food alongside major complications like gastric ulcers and sometimes it may end up forming cancer. There are many treatments to cure acidity which includes the renowned endoscopy process which examines the abdomen by capturing images, biopsy, impedance monitoring where the fluid movement along the esophagus will be examined, acidity testing, pressure movement of the esophagus, etc.
Although acidity doesn’t need severe consideration every time it occurs unless it lasts long, we have to take certain preventive measures in the initial moment to cut its growth. It is obvious that our dietary and food habits are the vital players that cause acidity.
Some of the Top Causes of Acidity.
- Being Obese or Overweight
- Less of Physical Activities like walking, workouts, playing, etc
- Getting Stress can acidity.
- Untimely and pitiable Eating Habits which is a well-known cause for acidity.
- Too much intake of Spicy and Oily foods
- Smoking and chewing Tobacco commodities like gutkha, pan, etc
- Taking a nap immediately after a meal
- Spicy and fatty foods like cheese, butter, etc.
- Alcohol consumption, Carbonated drinks, Coffee, and Tea
- Medical illnesses like diabetes, asthma, hernia, peptic ulcers, etc can also cause acidity.
- Lack of proper sleep.
- Medicines for high BP and other antibiotics.
- High-fat foods like nuts, whole eggs, dark chocolate, sugary drinks.
- Citrus drinks like orange, lemon, grapefruit, etc.
- Too much consumption of salt.
Symptoms of Acidity:
Below mentioned are the common symptoms of acidity and sometimes they may also differ based on the diet followed. These symptoms can be grounded by taking essential medical preventive measures and home remedies. Understand the symptoms of acidity, they include.
- Stomach Bloating
- Burning sensation in the heart.
- Ulcers in the stomach.
- Acid Gush in the esophagus
- An unbearable bad breath
- Inability to sleep.
- Improper bowel movement or constipation
- Muscles cramps
- Terrible difficulty in Swallowing
- Inflammation in chest and abdomen areas.
- Prolonged sour taste in the mouth.
Home Remedies for Severe Acidity:
Although the acidity is such a terrible illness which demands medical support every time, we can follow certain safety measure at home to avoid this state of affair. They include,
- Eat bananas since they have the capacity to prevent acid formation.
- Avoid sleeping or taking rest after taking meal better take a walk right after every meal.
- Drink a glass of milk every day.
- Try to take your last meal of the day two to three hours prior to your sleeping time, so you get enough time to digest the food before you sleep.
- Avoid eating spicy foods like pickles, chutneys, etc.
- Do not smoke notably right after your meals since it will cause the obstruction in free digestion.
- Try chewing gum in your free time as it will pass the saliva into the esophagus and reduces the acid gush.
- Chew your food properly and eat.
- Go out and do some exercises every day to maintain proper body weight and to avoid too much deposition of fats.
- Eat your meals in smaller portions.
- Eat foods which are easily digestible like beans, pumpkin, leafy vegetables, carrots, etc.
- Drink lots of water at least 3-4 liters a day since water can help in maintaining the acidity levels in the stomach.
- Try to add more ginger to your food since it can treat acid reflux effectively.
- Instead of consuming savories like ice creams and chocolates after your meal, better take jaggery since it can help indigestion.
If you witness any of the mentioned symptoms in you or in your dear ones and wish to get over this illness to stay healthy,
Give us a missed call on 8800644744 to to fix an Appointment with the Best Doctors.