Did you ever feel the world around you is spinning when you get off your bed in the morning? This is called as Dizziness. How often it is tolerable to experience the dizziness? Usually dizziness is referred as the assortment of feeling lie woozy, unbalanced or lightheaded. Most people has experience the dizziness every time they get off from a chair suddenly or every morning after jumping of the bed.The balance system in our body is a multifaceted dealing between major body systems situated near cerebellum. Any inappropriate function in any of these can lead to dizziness. There are two types of dizziness- lightheadedness and vertigo. A person feels that he/she is about to fall if it is lightheadedness whereas during vertigo the person feels the world is spinning. Indeed, sometimes when you go on a roller coaster ride or when you move in circular motion, it is quite common to feel dizzy or spinning. This is a normal condition which every human feel once in a lifetime but sometimes it should be given a serious thoughtfulness since it can be a sign of underlying chronic illnesses. Sometimes, when you feel dizzy, people ask them to eat some food or to sleep for a while since it can be an impact of dehydration or low blood pressure.
When should you be Bothered about Dizziness?
You don’t have the need to worry much about dizziness until it is accompanied by some other symptoms which includes chest pain, tight neck, sensation of stroke, inconvenient breath. Let us understand some other consequences which definitely need your consideration.
- Some recent medical surveys say that, patients who feel dizzy or lightheaded right after they get off the chair or several minutes after standing up may be at the risk of orthostatic hypotension. Since, prolonged orthostatic hypotension is when the fall in Blood Pressure occurs more than three minutes after standing or sitting up.
- In some cases you may feel dizzy along with chest pain or trouble in breathing which is ought to be one of the most intense conditions when you have to meet the doctor right away since it might be the call of any underlying heart disease.
- If you are dizzy and you cannot hear or speak properly.
- When you are unable to walk while feeling dizzy.
- If the body temperature goes on par 100 degree F along with prolonged lightheadedness.
- Trouble in swallowing.
- A feeling of weakness of the face, arms, & legs.
Causes of Dizziness:
Certainly, we can connect many factors that trigger dizziness. Some of the possible causes of dizziness,
- BPPV, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is an internal ear issue can sometimes creates the woozy feel and it gets resolved itself in most cases.
- When you skip a meal, your body will not get enough sugars which drop the blood sugar levels and cause the dizziness.
-Neurological factors can cause lightheadedness in some cases.
– Interestingly, if you are using any medication like blood pressure medication, vitamin supplements, muscle relaxants, anti-depressants can trigger dizziness,
– Not drinking enough water.
– If you observe, pregnant women generally feel dizzy due to the rise of hormonal secretion which relaxes the blood vessels.
– Women undergoing heavy periods can feel dizzy.
Best Ways to reduce dizziness
- Limit smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Every time you feel dizzy while you stand or sit, just stretch out in a couch and relax your self to provoke the blood flow to the brain which eventually lessens the feeling.
- Drink more water
- Anemia which is also called as iron deficiency can be the reasons for dizziness, so better eat foods like beans, leafy greens, and other which are high in iron.
- Take proper sleep.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with healthy weight.