Is your skin getting dry? Is it getting tough without sunscreen when you are out in the sun? Well, these can be the symptoms to say that your body is in need of Vitamin D.
Well, let us understand what Vitamin D deficiency is?”- Vitamin-d is an extremely important vitamin that contains influential effects on various systems throughout the body. Nothing like the other fellow vitamins, vitamin-d actually works like a hormone in our body and interestingly every single cell in our body has a receptor for it. The human body makes it out of cholesterol when our skin is exposed to the sunlight. Prepared dairy products and fishes are enriched in vitamin d. Most people don’t realize that they are lacking vitamin D as the symptoms are faint. The vitamin -d plays a vital role in keeping the immune system of strong enough to attack the viruses and bacteria which can cause several illnesses. One of the major functioning of Vitamin-D is that it helps your body absorb calcium which is considered as one of the main building blocks of bone. Vitamin D also has a role in your nervous, muscle, and immune systems. The human body can get vitamin D in three ways: either from the diet or from the skin and from supplements. The suggested daily ingestion (RDI) is usually around 400–800 IU, in fact, as per experts one should consume much more than that. The genuine hazards of too much exposure to the sun and skin cancer have been greatly made known and resulted in people covering up and using sunscreen when they are out in the sun. Vitamin D echelons began dipping without most health care professionals realizing it. Researchers have been the focal point on the penalty of vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D deficiency can affect anybody, but some people are at upper risk of vitamin D deficiency; especially the breastfed infants, because human milk does not contain vitamin D. Thus If you are breastfeeding, give your infant a substitute something like a supplement to give him vitamin D every day. Too much intake of vitamin D can be destructive. Signs of toxicity comprise vomiting, nausea, poor appetite, constipation, weakness, and weight loss. Indeed glut vitamin D can also damage the kidneys. Since, excessive vitamin D also hoists the level of calcium in your blood which as a result can cause confusion, disorientation, and problems with heart rhythm. Elderly people will also get affected by this deficiency because their skin doesn’t make vitamin D when exposed to sunlight as proficiently as when you were young. Astoundingly, people with dark skin also have the chance to get this deficiency as their skin has the less able to produce it. Along with with the people who are obese and who have had gastric bypass surgery and with osteoporosis will also get this deficiency.
These are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency include,
- Looking elderly to the age.
- Being hesitant to eat fish and milk.
- The skin gets dry; hence people with vitamin D deficiency always apply sunscreen when they step out on a sunny day.
- Getting sick or infections in the body often.
- osteoporosis, or weak bone strength which causes frequent bone fractures
- weakness in muscles, especially, if there is a mysterious change in muscle strength
- Mood fluctuations, with people who have low vitamin D experiencing anxiety or depression
- chronic pain, as vitamin D plays a key role in sustaining bone, muscle, and cell health
- High blood pressure
- Less fortitude
Home Remedies to avoid Vitamin D deficiency:
- Try to maintain healthy body weight.
- Using Vitamin D supplements
- Eat foods like fatty fishes like tuna, salmon along with dairy products like soymilk. Also have Beef liver, cheese which is enriched with vitamin D
- Try to take a walk in the sun every day to enhance the levels.
- Get enough and quality sleep.
- Exercise daily.
- Take enough calcium through proper diet.
- Take Vitamin D supplements on a doctor’s consultation.
If you find these symptoms in you or in your family member, call us to schedule the appointment with the right doctor to seek better treatment.
Give us a missed call on 04048218744 to get free medical consultation and to fix an appointment with the best doctors.