COVID-19 is an awakening call to build healthy immunity. While we all are making healthy food choices, it is also important to know what a healthy immune system looks like and how a weak immune system impacts our health.
If you often fall sick or feel fatigued then it’s a sign that you have a weak immune system. However, it is also easy to give your immune system a boost with the right food and following a healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few signs that your immune system is weak:
- You’re mostly stressed: More emotional mood swings and getting stressed about little things is a sign of a weak immune system. Long term stress weakens this further as it directly affects the body’s lymphocyte levels. Making you susceptible to easily get infected by compromising the body’s defense mechanism.
- Frequent cold: If you constantly have a cold, then your immune system is affected. It is perfectly alright to sneeze or cough frequently. However, if you constantly have running nose and cough for more than 10 days, it is a sign that your immune system is compromised.
- Stomach troubles: Another most affected part of the body due to a weak immune system is the stomach. Frequent diarrhea, constipation and gas could be a sign that your immune system is compromised. Nearly 80% of the immune system is located in the stomach. Hence, your gut health, says a lot about your immune system.
- Slow healing of wounds: Your skin undergoes healing after you get a cut, burn or a scrape. The blood rich in nutrients help heals the wound faster and regenerate new skin. However, a weak immune system lingers the wound and give skin a hard time to heal on its own.
- Frequent infections: Frequent infections are the sign that your body needs to be taken care of. Having more than 4 body infections a year or developing a fever twice a week is a sign that your body needs to be taken care of on the immunity part. If you are constantly suffering from Sinus or need to take 2 courses of antibiotics, then you need to boost your immunity.
While above are the signs of the existing weak immune system, your immune system constantly need extra attention. Eating a balanced diet, having enough sleep and regular exercise are some of the ways to have a healthy immune system. You can also read our previous articles to know what specific food to eat so as to boost vitamin content in the body. As our nutritionist suggests, the best way to get all the immune-boosting nutrients is through diet. For all your more nutrition queries and guidance on healthy living, feel free to take Online Consultation with the Nutritionist at Redheal. We assure to connect you with the Best Nutritionist in Hyderabad for that healthy living you seek.