While the coronavirus spread is similar to that of a common cold, it can be prevented with a good immune system. If you are wondering how to develop a strong immune system, then we are here with the list of foods that work as Immunity Boosters. Have a look!
- Garlic: A powerful anti-viral, Garlic can be consumed mashed, raw or can be boiled with the soups. If consuming raw, chop the garlic and mix is with a teaspoon of unpasteurized raw honey and consume along with a clove in 2-3 days.
- Star anise: This flower-shaped spice consists of shikimic acid and is used as a base material for the production of Tamiflu, used in influenza virus. Boil it in water and add as a taste to your green/black tea.
- Ginger: Consume mashed ginger with raw honey.
- Coconut oil: Cook your meals in cold-pressed coconut oil or have it raw. Caprylic acid and Lauric acid present in the coconut oil are essential for boosting the immune system against viral of any kind.
- Vitamin-C rich food: Vitamin-C rich foods, such as red pepper, yellow pepper, Amla and vitamin-c supplements helps in improving overall immunity.
- Resveratrol: Resveratrol rich food is peanuts, grapes, pistachios, red & white wine, cranberries, blueberries, dark chocolate and cocoa. They help fight fungal infection, UV radiation, injury and stress.
- Anti-viral herbs such as tulasi, oregano, dried thyme are great immunity boosters. It can be consumed raw or can be induced with the tea.
All the above dietary changes, along with daily exercise and proper sleep help increase immunity to a great extent, thus help deal with the Coronavirus.