What is a CT Scan?
Computerized Tomography or Computer Axial Tomography is an imaging procedure that uses an X-ray machine connected to a computer to detect a variety of diseases and conditions. The scan produces cross-sectional images of your bones, blood vessels, and soft tissues inside the body.
CT Scan in Hyderabad:
There are around 40 renowned and well established diagnostic centers for CT Scan in Hyderabad that you can approach through Redheal.
Redheal eases your CT Scan in Hyderabad by allowing you to book appointments online, offering discounts on test fees, sending digital reports, providing exceptional customer support from the time you schedule your appointment to the time you receive your reports, and even till your treatment is completed.
How long does CT scan take?
CT Scan in Hyderabad through Redheal takes 10 – 30 minutes, and the results require approximately 24 hours. The results of CT Scan will be reviewed and explained by a radiologist, a doctor who reads and interprets CT Scans and other radiography images.
Computerized Tomography Through Redheal is fast, painless, noninvasive and accurate. CT Scan images provide more-detailed information than a regular X-ray. Using Redheal to make an appointment for a CT Scan in Hyderabad eases the process in every way possible.
CT Scan Cost in Hyderabad:
The CT Scan cost in Hyderabad is very affordable and reasonable when you book scans through Redheal. We are offering these below tests at the lowest prices compared to other Diagnostic centers in the city, taking into account everyone’s affordability.
|S. No||Test Name||Cost||Discount|
|1||ECG(ELECTROCARDIOGRAM) (Free Home Sample Collection Available)||350||25%|
|3||3D CT Single Region||2000||18%|
|4||CT BRAIN PLAIN||2200||18%|
|5||CT FNAC PROCEDURE||2500||18%|
|6||CT BRAIN PLAIN (EMERGENCY)||2700||18%|
|7||CT PNS CORONAL ONLY||2750||18%|
|11||CT PNS AXIAL + CORONAL||3000||18%|
|13||CT GUIDED PROCEDURE||3000||18%|
|14||CT KUB PLAIN||3500||18%|
|15||3 D CT Facial Scan||3500||18%|
|17||CT KUB PLAIN||3500||18%|
|18||Screening Cardiac CT (Calcium Score)||4000||18%|
|21||CT NECK PLAIN||4100||18%|
|22||CT SPINE LUMBAR||4500||18%|
|23||CT SPINE DORSAL||4500||18%|
|24||CT SPINE CERVICAL||4500||18%|
|26||CT GUIDED BIOPSY||4500||18%|
|28||CT CHEST PLAIN||4500||18%|
|30||CT TEMPORAL BONE||5000||18%|
|31||CT SINGLE REGION||5000||18%|
|33||CT BRAIN PLAIN + ORBITS||5000||18%|
|34||CT THORACO LUMBAR SPINE||5000||18%|
|36||CT WHOLE ABDOMEN PLAIN||5500||18%|
|37||CT JOINTS (KNEE, SHOULDERS, OTHERS) WITH 3D||5500||18%|
|39||CT BOTH ANKLE JOINTS||5500||18%|
|40||CT Abdomen Plain||5500||18%|
|41||CT VIRTUAL BRONCHOSCOPY||6500||18%|
|43||CT ANGIO BRAIN||8500||18%|
|44||CT VIRTUAL COLONOSCOPY||8500||18%|
|45||CT RENAL ANGIO||8500||18%|
|46||CT PULMONARY ANGIO||8500||18%|
|48||CT CAROTID ANGIO||8500||18%|
|49||CT ANGIO OF NECK VESSELS||8500||17%|
|50||CT ANGIO ABDOMEN||8500||18%|
|51||CT ABDOMEN TRIPHASIC STUDY||8500||18%|
|52||CT ANGIO BRAIN||8500||18%|
|53||CT ANGIO/DSA OF BRAIN VESSELS||8500||18%|
|55||CT STRYKER PROTOCOL||9500||18%|
|58||CT ANGIO OF AORTA||10000||18%|
|59||FUNCTIONAL MRI BRAIN||10500||18%|
|60||CT VOLUMETRY OF LIVER||10500||18%|
|61||CT PERIPHERAL ANGIO||11000||18%|
|62||CT PERIPHERAL ANGIO UPPER LIMB||11000||18%|
|63||CT PERIPHERAL ANGIO LOWER LIMB – ABD AORTA||11000||18%|
|64||3T MRI FUNCTIONAL||12000||18%|
|65||CT PERIPHERAL VENOGRAM||12500||18%|
|66||CT ANGIO OF AORTA & CORONARIES||13000||18%|
|67||CT ANGIO NECK & BRAIN VESSELS||13000||18%|
Uses of CT Scan:
Your doctor may recommend you a CT Scan to help:
- Treatments such as cancer, heart disease, lung nodules and liver masses
- To plan procedures such as surgery, biopsy and radiation treatments
- Monitor the effectiveness of certain treatments, such as cancer treatment
- Detect internal injuries & internal bleeding
- Diagnose muscle & bone disorders, like bone tumors or fractures
- To locate a tumor, infection or blood clot
Note: For your CT Scan in Hyderabad or any other health care at the lowest prices, contact Redheal. We have highly qualified and experienced Doctors of all specializations.
Through Redheal it is a simple and patient friendly process. Following are the steps followed for the CT Scan in Hyderabad with Redheal:
CT Scan Procedure:
- You may need a contrast dye, depending on what part of the body is being examined, to help internal structures show up more clearly on X-ray images.
- If you are allergic to contrast material, your doctor may prescribe medications to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
- Before your scheduled CT Scan, you may need a blood test to ensure that the healthcare provider uses the correct dye.
- When it comes time to have the CT Scan, you’ll be asked to change into a hospital gown and to remove any metal objects such as jewelry, glasses, and dentures.
- Afterwards, your doctor will ask you to lay face-up on a table that slides into the CT Scanner.
- After the table slowly moves you into the scanner, the X-ray machine will rotate around you. Every rotation generates a number of thin slices of your body.
- Scanners will make clicking or buzzing noises as they work. During scanning, the table will only be moved a few millimeters. The entire process usually takes between 10 and 30 minutes, but it can take longer if necessary.
- For a short period of time, you may be asked to hold your breath or remain still to prevent blurry images
- In the case of a CT Scan in Hyderabad for a child, the doctor may prescribe a sedative to keep the child still.
- Table moves out from the scanner when scanning is finished.
How to Prepare for CT Scan:
if you book your CT Scan in Hyderabad through Redheal, you may be asked to do the following, depending on the part of your body that is being scanned:
- Remove your clothing & wear a hospital gown
- Remove metal objects, such as a belt, jewelry, dentures and eyeglasses that might interfere with X-ray results
- Refrain from eating or drinking for a few hours before your scan (if necessary)
- Mention if you think you might be pregnant and if you’ve recently been sick, are taking medication, or have allergies with your doctor
Note: Scheduling a CT Scan in Hyderabad with Redheal gives you excellent customer support from start to finish of your tests and treatments.
1. Why CT scan Required?
The following are some of the conditions that require a CT Scan to diagnose:
- Cancer, heart disease, pulmonary nodules and liver tumors
- Muscle and Bone disorders (such as fractures & tumors)
- To locate a tumor, infection, excess fluid or blood clot
- To make treatment plans (such as biopsies, surgeries, and radiation therapies)
- To monitor treatments effectiveness
- To detect internal injuries & bleeding
- For queries regarding CT scan in Hyderabad & to Schedule Appointment call us at +91 – 88 00 644 744.
Note: CT Scan in Hyderabad through Redheal is both cost-effective and time-efficient.
2. How long does a CT scan take?
The time duration varies as there are so many different computed tomography procedures. The duration of a typical examination is about 10 to 15 minutes however it can extend in some cases.
3. Are there any restrictions after the CT scan?
You can resume your regular activities after the CT Scan, but if you received contrast for your CT Scan, you should drink plenty of fluids for the next 24 hours.
4. Can I have a CT scan if I am pregnant?
If you have a CT Scan for any part of your body other than your abdomen or pelvis while pregnant, there is no risk of radiation to the baby. However, the CT technologist will adjust the CT Scan techniques to minimize the radiation exposure to your baby.
During a CT Scan of the abdomen and pelvis, the baby is typically exposed to radiation about 25 mGy. Small levels of radiation (less than 50 mGy) have negligible health risks.
5. Do I need to take a contrast material for the CT scan?
Contrast dye isn’t required for everyone. The use of contrast depends on the patient’s medical history and the part of the body that is being examined. A contrast dye can be an injection to your rectum or a liquid to drink. To prepare you for the contrast material, you may be told to fast for 4-6 hours prior to the procedure.
6. Can I breastfeed after a CT scan?
It is safe to continue nursing after receiving contrast material for a CT Scan.
Call Us on 8800644744 and Book your CT Scan