Did you ever wondered, “Why some people repeat doing the same things”? “Why people lock the doors again and again?” Why some people rub the floor repeatedly in the name of hygiene? Well, they must be suffering from OCD. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is eminent as an anxiety disorder fabricated by obsessions and compulsions. It affects everyone without any criteria be it men, women, and children irrespective of their races, ethnicities and financial backgrounds. According to the report of WHO (World Health Organization) despite many chronic diseases, the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder disease is ranked in the first ten, since it can make the tolerant disabled both mentally and physically. Obsessions are images or thoughts that give rise to anxiety or fear, mainly due to their invasive pattern. Compulsions are essential to perform and repeat again to satisfy oneself in the name of anxiety. This just goes to tell us its severity and terrific impact on mankind. It has been projected in the region of 4.3 of people aged between 18-54 endure from OCD. In fact, in everyday life, we will come across some of the other people who are affected by some form of obsession or compulsion. The average age for the onset for actual OCD symptoms is 19, though the awareness of OCD tendencies may have been widespread at their pubic age.
What are the causes that trigger OCD?
Although there is no such evidence to prove how OCD is caused, doctors say that following biological, genetics and physical causes can raise the chance of being affected by OCD.
- Since OCD is a kind neurological disorder, most doctors believe that certain changes in the brain functions can cause OCD.
- The other viable cause is genetics since OCD can be carry forwarded to the wards from their parents and grandparents.
- Some personal untidy experiences which have left an impact of the person might also cause the OCD.
Symptoms of OCD:
Obsessions are pushy thoughts, pictures, urges or doubts that become visible in your mind repeatedly. They disrupt your thoughts against your direct and can be really terrifying, graphic and disturbing. They may make you feel anxious, disgusted or inconvenient. Whereas the compulsions are repetitive activities that you feel you have to do and intend of the compulsion is to try and pact with the distress caused by obsessive thoughts. Let us understand the symptoms of OCD.
- Cleaning and washing hands repeatedly with the fear of being affected by bacteria.
- Making sure whether you’ve locked the doors or vehicles or stove properly.
- Counting things like money, again and again, to crosscheck if they had got the figure right.
- Cleaning the utensils or other home appliances again and again in the name of hygiene and bacteria-free surroundings.
- Aggressive impulses.
- Similes of hurting someone you love the most.
- Constantly fearing about dirt in your surroundings.
- Too much worrying about the placement of the objects.
- Continuously washing your face and hands every time you come home after roaming with the fear of dust.
- The habit of repeating prayers and words.
Despite several treatments around, psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) are widely suggested for OCD. Indeed 4 out of 5 people who took psychotherapy for OCD say that it brought a big change, while some will get feel the symptoms again and look out for more treatment sessions. Some doctors believe that “impediment treatment in the anticipation that symptoms will be reduced is a futile strategy to overcome OCD. The average person with OCD will survive 8 to 9 years without seeking any kind of treatment which doesn’t mean that its phase can’t be distorted. In the view of the fact that “ illnesses should be cured whereas the disorder necessitates treatment which gets changed and restructures elements of how the people go through thoughts and emotions which in a way allows them to start working on them efficiently and also stops obsessive tendencies.
Some home remedies to overcome OCD:
These are some of the home remedies for people battling to relive from OCD
- Try doing meditation every day since it is essential to maintain mental health and get control over the thoughts.
- Eat foods enriched in Zinc like seafood, beans, nuts, whole grains, etc since the deficiency in zinc can lead to depression and anxiety disorders.
- Try to enjoy soothing music to have a pleasant time in order to calm your anxiety which in a way also called Music therapy.
- Take an acupuncture session throughout the body since when the needles pierced in specific points can clam your mind and relaxes your anxiety levels.
If you are looking for a right Doctor’s assistance to overcome the OCD, If you are looking for a right Doctor’s assistance to overcome the OCD, give us a missed call on 04048218744 to get free medical consultation and to fix an appointment with the best doctors.